Welcome to the Counseling Department
The Counseling Department at the Branch Area Careers Center is designed to meet the developmental needs of all students. Its purpose is to contribute to the overall success for student learning.
As professional school counselors, we adhere to standards of practice that support students’:
- Right to respect and dignity as a unique human being
- Access to guidance and counseling without prejudice or discrimination as to person, character, belief, or practice
- Right to self-direction
- Right to choice and responsibility for those decisions
- Expectation of receiving guidance and counseling services within the accepted scope of practice relative to the training, education, and professional credentials of the counselors
- Right to privacy and to our compliance to laws, policies, and ethical standards relative to the community
Health Science Fundamentals
Health Science Hybrid
Business Management Marketing Technologies
Auto Body and Custom Paint
Health Sciences –Year 2
- Academic-assist with program selection, interpreting assessments, and academic success in the programs.
- College and Career- assist with post-secondary options, career, college, financial aid and scholarships.
- Social Emotional Learning – problem-solving, coping skills, managing emotions/stress/anger/grief and relationships.
Several programs at the Branch Area Careers Center offer students the opportunity to take college classes as part of their program curriculum. The early entry opportunities allow students to get a head start with their post-secondary training within their chosen career fields. College credits earned through early entry are at no cost to the students, provided a minimum of grade (C) is achieved.
Many programs at the Branch Area Careers Center have articulated agreements with community colleges and other post secondary institutions. Articulation provides students the opportunity to earn college credit for curriculum and training completed at the BACC at no cost to the student.