- Recent changes in labor laws state that minors (age 17 & under) may not work more than 24 hours in a work week when school is in session.
- No more than 10 hours in one day.
- Can't average more than 8 hours per day.
- May not work more than 6 days of 7.
- May not work before 6 a.m. or after 10:30 p.m. when attending school or 11:30 p.m. when not attending school.
- Must be given a 30 consecutive minute meal & rest period after 5 hours of work.
- Must not be employed in some hazardous occupations - check with the BACC OJT Coordinator to see which ones.
- May work where alcohol is sold if sale of food or other goods is at least 50% of gross total receipts.