Necessary Skills in the Welding Engineering Technology Program
- Strong hand eye coordination is required to produce quality welds.
- The student should be able to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- The student should be mechanically inclined and be able to think logically through a problem.
- The ability to get along with others is paramount.
- The student should have excellent attendance. The ability to show up every day and on time is a requirement for success. The student must be willing to follow safety procedures; welding can be dangerous if safety procedures are not followed.
- Be able to use a computer and software
- Work well individually or in groups
- Able to solve basic math
- Work well with tools and equipment