Branch Area Careers Center and Bronson Jr./Sr. High School Senior, Marcus Broom, was named Exchange Club Student of the Quarter at a recent club presentation.
As a junior, Marcus consistently excelled in all areas. As a result of his work in his junior year, he was selected to be a part of the prestigious Health Academy, our most advanced level of study in the Health Sciences Pathway. As a member, he has completed a four credit hour Human Anatomy class at Kellogg Community College, and is now enrolled in a four credit hour Human Physiology class. In addition to the college classes, Marcus is experiencing clinical rotations at our local hospital, and exploring a variety of bioethical issues in our related class. The prerequisites for the Health Academy include an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher ACT reading score above 18, and recommendation from a science teacher. He is among only eleven other candidates to have been accepted. He has received consistently good reviews from his mentors and is described by them as being attentive and a hard worker. Marcus is a compassionate caregiver who truly cares for and about his patients. Marcus is friendly, helpful to others, and very courteous.
Marcus has strong leadership and organization skills and demonstrates this by being an active member in the HOSA Youth Club.
Marcus has had several accomplishments over the past few years:
- Bronson High School Athletics (2018): For three years he participated in Varsity Cross Country and Track and field. He also qualified for state in cross country
- Bronson Thespian (2015-2018)
- National Honor Society Member from the Margaret E. Tharp Chapter of Bronson (2016-2018)
- Bronson Junior/Senior High School Student of the month (2012-2017)
- National Technical Honor Society Member of the Branch Area Careers Center (2016-2018) and Outstanding Student of the Marking Period for the Branch Area Career Center, (2018)
We want to congratulate Marcus Broom for all of his hard work. We also want to thank the Exchange Club for honoring students from the Branch Area Careers center and recognizing their accomplishments.